Expert team for winter maintenance
15th May, 2015
You can imagine that, as a company predominately focussed on helping clients to avoid the risks associated with ice, health and safety is always at the forefront of everything we do. Statistics from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) demonstrate the cost of failing to address the risks. Every year in Great Britain:
- 78,000 injuries to employees are reported under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) of 2013
- 28.2 million working days are lost as a direct result of work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.2 billion is lost as a result of injuries and ill health
- 133 workers are killed at work
Health and Safety Audit
At Ice Watch we therefore take the safety of our staff extremely seriously and last week the focus was turned to us as a company. Following an inspection for our health and safety audit, we are delighted to report that we passed with flying colours. The auditor made specific reference to how nice it was for them to see a company where senior management are clearly committed to quality in every aspect of the business.
The Health and Safety at Work Act is now 40 years old and sets out a framework for ensuring the health and safety of people working in businesses across the country. By being health and safety audited it demonstrates our continued efforts to:
- Protect our staff from injury and ill-health resulting from work-related practices
- Retain staff by providing a safe place for people to work
- Increase productivity and offer our clients the best possible service
Committed To Staff Training
Just this week we have two more members of the team being trained and tested for the safe operation of a fork lift truck. With two more members of the team fork lift qualified this will further expand our workforce and guarantee we are adequately staffed at all times.
On top of that, we also have the team at our operations centre. Each member has received training from the Met Office and as a result are capable of interpreting and cross-checking complex data. This helps us to quickly identify areas where there is a risk of ice and ensure that our clients' sites are protected.
Our reason for being is to deliver safety solutions to every one of our customers. To ensure their sites are safe for their staff and visitors and in so doing to enhance their reputations as a caring company.
If you would like to find out how Ice Watch can help to keep your staff and visitors safe, feel free to get in touch and discuss a tailored winter maintenance package.