Keep cool, freeze your sheets
24th August, 2016
If you’re struggling to sleep during the hot summer nights, why not think about how you can cool things down? Rather than suffer in a sweat following a few simple ice-related tips could result in you enjoying a much cooler night of rest:
• Put your sheets in a bag and pop them in the freezer for about 10 minutes before you go to bed. When you take them out and lay them on your bed you’ll have a cool start to the night helping you to drop off quickly
• Fill your hot water bottle with cold water and add a few ice cubes. Pop it on your pillow or under your sheets before you get into bed and keep it there all night if you like
• Take a really cold shower before you get into bed to lower your body’s temperature
• Keep a bowl of iced water beside the bed to dip your feet into during the night
• Hang a damp bedsheet over your open window to add cool moisture to the breeze
As well as a good night’s sleep, high temperatures can ruin surfaces like tarmac and pavements, so don’t forget to check your premises for damage caused by the hot summer weather before winter sets in and icy conditions make them potentially dangerous.
Protect your business from winter-related risks by arranging gritting and snow clearance. It’s never too early to get a plan in place, call us on 01728 633900 to find out more about our bespoke winter maintenance service and get a free quote.